Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Saucony Peregrine 4 Review (Trail Running Shoe)

Saucony Peregrine 4 Review (Trail Running Shoe)

Saucony Peregrine 4
Trail Running Shoe
IMAGE SOURCE
Saucony's Purchase Link
Retail Price: $110

I absolutely love trail running but I never did enough races to warrant purchasing a pair of trail running specific shoes. Fortunately, several weeks ago I was asked by Saucony to review their Peregrine 4 trail running shoe.   

To test the shoes I went on two long trail runs at Wekiwa Spring State Park (see one of my previous trail run experiences at this park here).  Both runs were between 11 and 13 miles. The terrain is wet, sandy, muddy, full of tree roots and hilly.  It's a pretty diverse area and therefore is a good test for the shoe.

Unwisely, I ran a pretty good distance on these shoes without breaking them in first. After both runs  (even without breaking them in) I fell in love with this shoe.  They are light weight, flexible, comfortable and provide great traction.  The shoe also dries out fast after it gets wet.  The shoe fits and feels like a slipper while providing a great amount of traction on the difficult terrain.  They have a 4mm heal drop like my street running shoes so they feel almost identical.

Overall this is an awesome trail running shoe.  Runners World (see link below) gave this shoe the "Editor Choice" award and I have to agree with their recommendation.  I would highly recommend the Saucony Peregrine 4 to any serious trail runner.  I have no complaints about this shoe.  They are a joy to wear.

But don't just take my word for it.  See these other reviews:


No comments:

Post a Comment