Saturday, April 14, 2012

Clermont Bound - 70.3

I'm all packed and ready to go.

My how time flys. Last year (almost to the day) was my first 70.3. Now this will be my fifth half ironman.

While cleaning my bike today I found a potential disaster. My rear tire had some major damage to it. I must have received it during last weeks ride. I immediately rushed out to the bike store and luckily got there right before they closed and bought some new tires. Darn tires are expensive!! Nothing like riding the hill of Clermont in new tires that you have never ridden on before. Cross my fingers.

Weather will be partly cloudy, high around 87F, 10-20mph winds. (wind yuck!!)

I weighed myself on the scale yesterday. I am now 178lbs. That is 27lbs lighted than when I started this blog about 1.5 years ago. I was 168 when I entered college many moons ago. But back the the only running I did was to my car in the rain. I also did not bike, swim or weight train back then. Right I am in the best shape of my life.

Hope everyone reading is having a great weekend. Have a cold one for me tomorrow. Hopefully the hills of Clermont don't kick my butt.


2 comments: