Friday, July 10, 2015

Saucony Ride 8 Review

Saucony Ride 8 Review


IMAGE SOURCE
IMAGE SOURCE

IMAGE SOURCE

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of trying on the new Saucony Ride 8 shoes and wow was I impressed!  They shoes are seriously comfortable. 

The Ride 8 is a much more plush shoe that I am use to.  I am use to running almost exclusively in the Saucony Mirage shoe which is a 4mm drop and is a firm and responsive shoe.  Usually plush shoes are not very comfortable on my feet but this is shoe is different.  I found it was not too slug like the other plush shoes I have tried on.  This was a little larger in the toe box than the Mirage 8 but still fit fine.

I did notice a slight difference in the 8mm vs. the 4mm drop that I am use to running it.  It was not a big deal though.  It's just something that I noticed.

They are also slightly heavier (14 grams more) than my current shoe but for a plush shoe I found them surprisingly light.

I have the Silver / Red / Citron model (see photos above) and this is a really cool looking shoe.

This a great overall shoe for someone who can wear a normal fitting shoe.  I highly recommend these shoes.  I they will now become my go to shoe for long training runs!

See other reviews here:
SPECS (From Saucony)
  • Shoe Category: Neutral
  • Pronation: Neutral
  • Cushion: Plush
  • Construction Type: Neutral
  • Surface: Road, Track
  • Arch: High, Normal (Mid)
  • Water Resistant: No
  • Waterproof: No
  • Offset: 8mm
    • Heel Stack Height: 26mm
    • Forefoot Stack Height: 18mm

No comments:

Post a Comment