Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Saucony Mirage 4 Men's Shoe Review

Saucony Mirage 4 Men's Shoe Review

Saucony Mirage 4
IMAGE SOURCE
Retail Price: $110
Shoe Details from the Saucony Mirage 4 website. See here

I was asked to do a review of the brand new Saucony Mirage 4 men's shoe.  Let me just state I am just Joe Blow runner.  I know very little about shoe construction and all the technical details.

Last year I was fortunate enough to be asked to review the Mirage 3.  My review of that shoe model is located here

The Mirage 3 is my current running shoe.  I transitioned from the Nike Pegasus.  There is a huge difference between the Mirage 3 and the Pegasus.  The major difference being the heal drop.  The Pegasus has a 12mm heal drop and both the Saucony Mirage 3 and 4 have a 4mm heal drop. 

The heal drop was a big concern for me when I first started using the shoe.  I slowly transitioned into the Mirage 3 and found the that I quickly got use to the shoe and learned to love it.  The heal drop does not seem to make any notable difference in my running quality or times. 

What I really do notice in both the Mirage 3 & 4 is that they are really light weight, lack stitching and have a cloth like material.  They are like wearing a glove. Both the Mirage models are great, comfortable and light weight shoes.

I notice very little difference between the Mirage 3 and 4. The Mirage 4 did seem to have a little bit more arch support (which I am not sure if I like yet or not).  The new Mirage 4 also seemed a little bit more cushioned in the heal. The upper sole was changed only slightly but virtually unnoticeable.  If you watch Runners World's review of the Mirage 4 (see here) they also note how little has changed between the Mirage3 and Mirage 4.

Since so little has changed between the models I highly recommend you read my Mirage 3 review located here.  It proves a detail review of the Mirage model shoe.

Overall this is a great shoe and I highly recommend it for those looking for a lightweight, comfortable, minimalist shoe.  Keep in mind the 4mm heal drop may not be for everyone and I would recommend gradually easing into the shoe. 

Other Reviews:
To see Sneaker Reports Review See here
To see Runners World Shoe Review See here
To see Running Warehouse Shoe Review See here



1 comment:

  1. You are the 2nd Saucony shoe review I've seen. Dang, how can I get some free shoes to review. I've loved the Saucony's I've owned.

    ReplyDelete