Thursday, February 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday - 80's Big Hair

Serious 80's Hair
Throwback Thursday - 80's Big Hair

There some serious 1980's hair going on in this Throwback.  My mother's sporting the conservative big hair look.  My sister is going for the Motley Crue groupie look (with matching outfit).  And I am sporting some seriously feathered MacGyver hair.  I can still remember the days when my sister would throw me under the hair dryer and feather my hair till it would not poof any more.  She would than Aquanet the heck out of it.  Fun times!


Did anyone else spend too much time under the hair dryer and/or spend to much money on hairspray in the 80's?  If so, I want to see those pics on your blog and I want to hear your 1980's hair stories.  Please let me know if you do an 80's hair Throwback post.  EMZ I know you got some big hair stories to tell! :-) 

10 comments:

  1. My 80's hair...hmmm...being born in 1983, and being bold for the first two years of my life, I guess it was just short and red. ;)

    However, I do have some awful 90's hair photos...to share, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE big hair. I in fact loved the 80's, the music, the clothes, the hair bands the dancing! LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love big hair and the 80s. I wanted to be a "big hair band" groupie but it looks like your sister had me beat! Have you heard the song "1985" by Bowling for Soup. Take a listen it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Aqua Net, all day, every day in the '80's. 20 years later, I still feel weird about my now flat hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed out on that and just had the 80s little girl bowl cut. And there's no way in hell I'm putting those online...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahaha!! I used to hairspray my blonde bangs into the steepest wave I could get! I rivaled your sis! Great picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly (gladly?) I don't have big hair pictures. HOWEVER... I have one story: When I was a kid in the 80s, I REALLY wanted a perm. This was one of the few instances when my mother was not supportive and put her foot down. (Generally, she was pretty great about getting behind my interests.) At the time I was pissed off. In retrospect, I can't thank her enough. Gotta love the 80s.

    ReplyDelete