Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taken Back Tuesday - Rerun What's Happening



I know you would never believe this but for years I use to dance 5 nights a week.  I use to even teach dance.  I was pretty darn good at East Coast, West Coast swing, waltz, cha-cha, etc.  From about age 15 till about age 22 I spend 5 nights a week in dance clubs.  When I was younger I knew enough people that I use to get into clubs even though I was underage.  There was always a group of dancers they like at their clubs because it got people on the flood and drinking.  They knew I would not drink so there were no issues.  My friend Heather and I even won 3rd place in my high school talent show.  I still have that on VHS somewhere.  Maybe one day I will convert it to digital and have proof.  :-)  I secretly taught my cowboy friend and his fiancé how to dance so they could surprise everyone at their wedding.  If I can teach a cowpoke how to dance I have to be doing something right. 

Someday soon I will need to get my dancing shoes back on and drag Bonnie back to the bar to dance.  We use to do that all the time.  Now we are getting too old and staying out past our bedtime of 9:00 pm is hard. 

PS: I do not care who you are but ReRun was a bad butt!!

5 comments:

  1. HEY HEY HEY! :) I used to watch that show all the time!

    How cool that you are such a dancer. I love to dance but I wouldn't say I'm any good and like you just can't seem to stay up late enough to go to the bars to dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this it comes off sounding more like fat Albert the lyrical hey, hey, hey that they used on this show. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. I never would have guessed! I want some video of YOU!!

    Dance to the music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie: Fat Albert was awesome. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WT-fxBNKs8

    @Julie #2: Good lukc with obtaining that video. :-) I do not need to embarrass myself anymore than my race time already do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! If I were to dance in public, it usually scares people far, far away from the dance floor. I even blogged about my lack of dancing skills with a picture, so there's proof: http://tinyurl.com/3chezaw (look for the painful picture at the bottom.) Still in the business of dance lessons? ;)

    ReplyDelete