Past Year End Reviews
2011 Year End Review
2010 Year End Review
About this time every year I like to look back on what I have accomplished athletically because it is so easy for me to forget.
At the beginning of 2009 I could not run to the car (nor would I have wanted to). I hated running. I thought a 10 mile bike ride was REALLY long. Swimming over a mile was only for escaping Alcatraz prisoners (and impossible). I was never been an athletically gifted person. It is amazing at what I have done in a few short years.
In 3.5 past years I have completed:
- 18 Half marathons
- 8 Half Ironmans
- 103 Laps a Lucky's Lake Open Water Swim (103 km)
- 1 Century Cycling Race
- 2 Metric Century Cycling Races
- 1 Ultra marathon (30 miles)
- 1 30K run (15 miles)
- 4 Olympic Triathlons
- 10 5K, 10K, 15K runs (217 miles total)
- 1 Sprint Triathlons
- Lost 37 lbs - Burned 129,500 calories (647.5 Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts)
- Blog had a world record number of spelling errors and grammar issues.
- 77.8 Miles Swimming
- 823.6 Miles Cycling
- 630.5 Miles Running
This year I completed:
- 4 Half Ironmans
- 4 Half Marathons
- Ran an average of 20 miles every week
- Swam an average of 90 minutes a week
- Biked an average of 60 miles a week
- I now weigh the same as when I left high school in mid 1990's!!