2010 - The Year of Many Firsts
|The 2010 Bling|
I started to reflect back on 2010 and did not realize just how much I have accomplished this year. Like I stated in my first ever post, I miss having goals. Ever since I finished college, achieved senior status in my career and met a wonderful family there has not been many goals in my life. It was a void I was missing. My goals this year were to run a 13.1 and to do a triathlon. Needless to say I shattered those goals and more. I surprised myself when I started thinking about this post. Below is a list of my firsts.
- First year to run a 15K and I completed 2 races
- First year to run do a half marathon. I completed 9 races and became a Half Fanatic
- First year to do a non-recreational swim. Before this I just swam to stay afloat.
- First open water swim (which I did at Lucky's Lake). I have completed 38 laps since May
- First year to do a triathlon and I completed 1 Sprint, 2 Intermediate and 2 Olympic races
- First year to place in my triathlon division
- First year to start road cycling and I completed a 40 mile race, 67 mile race and The Horrible Hundred Century (Florida's hardest century)
- First year to sign up up for a Half Ironman and now I am signed up for two in 2011
- Lost 20 lbs in two months. I'm now 183 lbs.
- I am in the best shape of my life and love racing and going to the gym.
- Baked over 160 dozen cookies in February to send to the troops serving oversees (Rochelle's Boots on the Ground) (Note: if you are interested in helping out this February please let me know)
- Found hobbies we enjoy doing as a family