Monday, May 9, 2011

D-Day - 7

Exactly 1 week away.  Almost exactly 168 hours.  I will be in one of the last three waves.  I have to watch nearly everyone else swim for almost 1 hour before I can even get into the water.  That will be torture!
Bonnie did the Danskin sprint triathlon on Sunday.  She finished 16th out of a hundred something.  She was pretty excited and had a great time.  Now she needs to buckle down and start focusing on the Augusta 70.3 she registered for. 
Triston did his first B level ride this weekend.  I did not want to hit it too hard over the weekend so I thought it would be a good time to have him do his first B ride.  He held his own with the group and completed about 40 miles at an 18 mph average.
Would anyone be interested in a little contest?  I was considering giving away a prize in honor the big day.  Would anyone be interested in participating? If so, let me know.  The contest rules would be posted later in the week if I get enough interest.

6 comments:

  1. Getting excited for you! You're going to do great and I can't wait to read the report afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contest sounds like a great idea! Let me know what your plans are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! you want us to agree to something without any details...Ok I'm in...maybe..probably...depends on what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have trained in the heat and you have put in the miles/time. YOU ARE GOING TO KILL IT! Good luck man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued by this contest of which you speak... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're going to have the perfect race for you, heat and all...it doesn't matter if your wave 1 or wave 101. you did the training and so now all that's left to do is relax and rest. i know it's so easy for me to say but it's the truth. the one thing i have learned from my racing is that you should not wish away your time...enjoy every minute leading up to the moment that you get to dig your toes in the sand beneath the water. that will be your "moment" and you will remember it for the rest of your life. enjoy this journey because it's truly not about the destination! ;)

    ReplyDelete