Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chewy Caramel Apple Chip Cookies

I know this is a training blog but get over it.  Cookies are just as good as GUs for energy.  Plus cookies taste better.  (And people like to comment on cookie posts for some reason)


I love this t-shirt
IMAGE SOURCE

I found the recipe for these tasty cookies from Eat, Live Run.  I made them for Thanksgiving and they were GREAT!!.  I love chewie cookies and these were REALLY chewie.  I think next time I would like to make them a little more cake like by substituting either cake flour and/or some table sugar.


It's traditional to have a beer while making cookies.
Yes, it is a pink beer and yes I will drink a pink beer.
And yes I am still a man.
  
And yes it does have
MAPLE SYRUP and SMOKED BACON in the pink beer.
Yes it was great.

Chewy Caramel Apple Chip Cookies
makes about 2 dozen cookies
Recipe Source from Eat, Live Run blog

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 apple
1 bag mini caramels (or regular sized caramels, cut up into small pieces)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to beat until combined.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in another bowl.

Grate the apple with a cheese grater and squeeze out all liquid with paper towels.

Add shredded apple to the flour and then add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and mix until combined.

Then, add the caramel bits. Dough will be a little dry.

Roll small balls of dough out and bake on a lined baking sheet for 12-14 minutes.

Let cookies completely before attempting to move them off the baking sheet or else they will fall apart!

Time: 30 minutes



I could not find the mini caramel bits so I used these instead.
Sorry I can no get the image to turn for some reason.
 
Fresh out of the oven



Close up shot
  
My new favorate beer.  It is AWESOME.
I had it on Black Friday after all the shopping nightmares.
It's a brown ale made with YAMS, MOLASSES, MAPLE SYRUP and SPICES.
Not very sweet and well balanced. 
Much better than all the bad pumpkin beers that are out this season.


5 comments:

  1. Those cookies sound fabulous! Worth the effort I'm sure :) (So, I'll send you my address and you can mail me a batch..hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally OK to drink pink beer as long as there is bacon in it. :)

    Those cookies look SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I am going to bake these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that recipe and they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look so good! The beer with bacon...not so much. But I hate bacon...and beer!

    ReplyDelete