|MORE DROOL!! |
These cookies were originally made by Carrots 'n' Cake but the recipe I adopted was the one adopted by You just have to TRI. "You just have to TRI" is a long time follower and commenter on my blog. When I saw these cookies on here post I had to try them.
These cookies are super healthy (or at least that is what I keep telling myself) because they have:
- Oats - fiber is good for your tummy. Also Quakers do not lie and they are skinny
- Whole wheat flour - because the media says anything with whole wheat is better. I used general purpose flour because it tastes better and is not heathly.
- Pumpkin - it's a really big fruit. I learned that on Good Eats last night.
- Chia seeds - because they are little alien seeds and you need to eat them before they hatch and take over the world (and also because they look like rabbit turds).
- Vanilla Extract - because a little alcohol is good for cholesterol levels
- Walnuts - because they look like little brains so they make you smart
- Raisins - again because they look like rabbit turds
- Hemp Milk - Because hippies use hemp milk as an excuse for not passing drug tests. I substituted heavy cream because I am cheap and did not want to throw out the little I had left in the refrigerator. Heavy cream also tastes MUCH better. Hemp milk tastes like dry rope.
|Because this cookies are so healthy I had to crack open up one |
of these to balance the goodness with some carbs
Pumped Up Pumpkin Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (I use GPF)
1/4 canned pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (you may want to lower this a little if you do not like super sweet cookies)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raisins (I used sweetened dried cranberries)
1/4 cup vanilla hemp milk (I used heavy cream)
Preheat oven to 350*F
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl or food processor or use use your arm muscles weakling.
Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
Use tablespoon to portion cookies onto baking sheet
Bake for 15-18 minutes (If the fire alarm goes off I suggest lowering your cooking times).
|Forget baking and just eat the cookie dough.|
|You are "supposed" to let them cool down.|
|They were eaten within 10 minutes at work.|